This recipe really makes the best brownie ever, thanks to “Mr Breakfast” Bill Granger these yummy chocolate squares are too good. WARNING, I suggest these are made when you have a crowd coming over as any leftovers would become extremely dangerous!
- 1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
- 85g good quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g dark chocolate buttons
- icing sugar for dusting
- WARM CHOCOLATE SAUCE (OPTIONAL)
- 125g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. In a bowl put the sugar, cocoa, flour and baking powder and stir together. Add the eggs, melted butter and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix in the chocolate buttons and pour into a lined 22cm square tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While the brownie is cooling you can make the warm chocolate sauce. Put the chocolate and cream in a metal bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and allow the chocolate to melt, stir to combine.
- Cut the brownie into eight pieces, dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce otherwise enjoy on its own.