This mixed mushroom lasagne is buonissimo!! A great alternative to your traditional beef lasagne and it takes half the time.
I used a 26cmx20cm ovenproof dish
- 800g mixed mushrooms (swiss and king brown, portobello, button), chopped
- 20g butter
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 300g lasagne sheets
- 1L milk
- 130g butter
- 130g flour
- 130g taleggio cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp parmasen, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Saute the mushrooms in the butter and thyme for 5 minutes and set aside.
- For the béchamel sauce add the butter to a large saucepan and when it starts to melt add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon. Once they are combined add the milk and continue to stir over a low heat ( continual stirring will prevent lumps forming in your sauce). When the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon it is ready. Take off the heat and add the taleggio and parmesan and stir through. Season with white pepper to taste.
- To assemble the lasagne start with a layer of mushrooms then béchamel and a layer of lasagne sheets. Continue to the top and finish with a layer of béchamel sauce. Finish with some grated parmesan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.